Date place: Zoolights

Quentin Purtzer:

I was so excited when Patrick asked me to hang out for a Bro Date; I think he is the coolest kid on the newspaper staff and I’ve been wanting to hang out with him since the first day. I was a little nervous, however, such a cool kid must have high expectations about the kids he hangs out with. I was even more nervous when he asked me to meet him at Zoolights at the Point Defiance Zoo.

Patrick is awesome but I thought Zoolights is where you take someone special on a date. I agreed anyway and hoped for the best. He was so nice the whole time. He took me to dinner at Tatanka Take-Out, the burger shop that specializes in buffalo meat. He said the night was on him and he paid for the burger. The meal was fantastic; I had never tried buffalo but I would recommend it to anyone who asks. After dinner, we arrived at Zoolights and Patrick walked me in. As we entered Zoolights, Patrick immediately bought me hot chocolate and paid for me to ride on the carousel. After these warming-up activities, we took to the lights, hoping for a spectacular display. We were not disappointed. Patrick told me that Zoolights had over half a million lights on display; I enjoyed all of them. My favorite part is when we saw the polar bears surprisingly awake and walking around their exhibit.

This was my favorite night of my senior year. Patrick not only showed me a great time walking around Zoolights but he also showed me that I may have made a great friend, and that we could be the best of friends by the time this year ends.

Patrick drove me home and gave me a fist bump. My eyes lit up when he said, “Don’t worry, I’ll text you and we can hang out again.” A perfect bro night.

Patrick Kaerstner:

“He said yes!”  I yelled to Hannah Derby when Quentin Purtzer agreed to come to Zoolights with me. I could not wait to have a fun bro date with this guy. Zoolights is the perfect place to take someone to hang out and just have fun with—In fact, I highly recommend it for bro dates, girl dates, and mixed gender dates alike. I was sure this night would be one to remember.

I picked him up at his house, and we went out to eat. Tatanka Take-out was poppin’. We ordered bacon cheeseburgers and split a large fry (that’s what you’re supposed to do on dates). The fries were perfectly seasoned, and the burgers were so good. It made my heart warm to see Quentin enjoying himself. He has such a cute smile when he is happy.

We arrived at Point Defiance Zoo, and it was completely dark until we walked in. Normally, I am scared of the dark, but with Quentin by my side, I knew everything would be okay. We walked in a further to see over half a million lights lighting up the sky, and it was an awesome sight. Quentin really enjoyed riding on the carousel as we took selfies. Some were really cute, but, sadly, they mysteriously vanished afterward.  We walked through the zoo, talking about girls and our plans for college next year. There were so many cool exhibits and lights on display that I almost forgot about Quentin standing right next to me. Just kidding…I could never forget about him.

It was awesome to see the polar bears walking around, even though it was past their bedtime. Santa swam in the aquarium with the fish and sharks, and I was scared he was going to be eaten. Quentin assured me Santa would be alright, though. He was so nice and supportive. The night was starting to be very fun, and Quentin had started to become my best friend.

Even though it was freezing cold outside, I took Quentin to Gibson’s Frozen Yogurt after our Zoolights adventure. It was really yummy. Quentin ate ten dollars worth of plain euro tart with no toppings, something no one should torture themselves by attempting. I think he was trying to impress me, and he definitely did. I love guys who eat frozen yogurt. I just really love Quentin. We chatted about sports, and the conversation never lagged. It was very natural.

After we finished the delicious yogurt, I drove him home. He invited me to stay for a movie, but I decided that crossed the boundary of a bro date. I bid him farewell and took off immediately for home. Bro date success.