The best looking deacon around

On Oct 27, 22 deacons were ordained into the Catholic Church by archbishop Peter Sartain. Deacons work for the bishop as servants to the church. While a priest deals mostly with the sacramental part of the church, deacons deal with the family and serving aspects. Two of the deacons include teacher Jennifer O’Loughlin’s husband, Tom O’Loughlin, and our very own Jim Fish.

Deacon Fish and the other 21 deacons went through classes and retreats once a month for the past four years. Deacon Fish says, “There is no way I could have completed the tasking training and work if it weren’t for the other couples in the program and of course the amazing Mrs. Fish.” These men are now committed to serving God and serving people through their new roles in the Church.

When asked to describe what excites him most about this new empowerment in the church, Fish said, “Fr. Kevin told us that Jesus is like water and that we are supposed to be the clear glass that holds the water, in other words we must try and show the world Jesus by looking at our example, and the way we serve others. When people see us and the service we do we would like them to be reminded of Jesus even though we will never be anywhere close to him. Also we want them to us, or at least see me as incredibly good looking.”

Fish is excited about all the new opportunities he has as a deacon to serve his new parish Holy Cross, and Bellarmine.

So when you see Deacon Fish make sure you congratulate him on this new chapter in his life, and on how incredibly good looking he is.