Advice for the Class of 2014

The end of your junior year is upon you and you’re probably day dreaming of college life already. Your focus may already start to dwindle and hang by a thread, but you can’t give in just yet. Here comes your senior year. Chanting “senior power” on the first day of school is just the beginning of what is to be one of the busiest years of your life.
Your priority should be preparing for the future. This entails the college search, applications and visits. Take the process seriously, but don’t get too overwhelmed because there is a school for everyone. Take your time on deciding on a school. As much as you may want to know where you’ll end up, May 1st is the deadline.
It’s your last year at home and your last year of high school. Enjoy the time that you have with your classmates before you all head off in different directions for college. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel and you’ve almost reached it. You may be surprised that some of your strongest friendships are formed in your senior year. Make it a goal to socialize with a different crowd or group of friends, get to know someone in your class that you may not talk to on a regular basis.
INSERT ADIVCE FROM FELLOW SENIORS (QUOTES)
The beginning of the year starts off with a bang. School, applications, sports, theatre, retreats; many of your schedules will be so jam packed that the idea of socializing becomes non-existent. Get started early with your planning. Find out what you might be interested in studying and where you want to apply over the summer. The Common Application becomes available in August and it’s a perfect way to close out your summer 2013.
First semester may feel like a lifetime, but second semester will go by in a blink of an eye and you’ll find yourself walking across the stage to shake Mr. Gavins hand to receive your diploma.