“The Fiddler on the Roof” set to be a success

Bellarmine’s spring production of “The Fiddler on the Roof” is coming along swimmingly. With the show opening March 14, those involved in the musical are working incredibly hard. Gabe McPherson, the musical director, previously acting on Broadway, says, “The show is amazing, they are incredibly talented and dedicated, and when you have that combination, a show becomes something special.”

McPherson has a knack for noticing talented people, from working around in Broadway. McPherson believes that his background, “lends understanding of a professional work flow of adherence to protocol that creates pro-caliber work. It is demanding work.” McPherson believes that this could be the best production of “Fiddler on the Roof” he has helped produce. When asked about his favorite scene, McPherson responded, “I can’t tell you yet, this is my fourth or fifth production and each time it changes. Once the show begins, I will be able to tell you.”

“The Fiddler on the Roof” is a tale about a father letting go of his daughters as they fall in love, with a backdrop of Russian and Jewish tensions. This compelling story was chosen this year over the famous musical or the murderous barber, “Sweeney Todd.”

“The Fiddler on the Roof, was the perfect fit, whereas Sweeney Todd did just not fit the our personnel, but we are planning on revisiting it later.” McPherson reported.

Tommy Martin, the main actor, Tevye, believes that this show, “Is really good; everything about it is amazing.”

Fiddler on the roof opens March 14, and plays on March 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, and 23.