Playlist: I find new music so you don’t have to

I have scoured Spotify’s endless created playlists, from Broski Nation Anthems to “what I think each little woman’s character would listen to” and I can say that finding new music can be a difficult  ordeal. These next 4 songs will be ones that I have found for anyone who likes really cool music. 

Song #1: A Big Brown Dog Named Bagel by Nep 

This song feels the most playful of the bunch. The breathy vocals mixed with the lively drums gives it this playful mood. This song goes through a multitude of different story lines, while continuing to keep the upbeat mood. This song I could see popping up in someone’s liked songs and them getting a good giggle out of it. 

Song #2: He Loves Me Yeah! By Faye Webster

This song on a first listen feels very relaxing, upbeat, and an overall unserious, silly mood. The mix of the upbeat piano with the simple electric guitar in the back during the chorus also adds to the simplicity and unserious mood of this song. I would say this song belongs on a summer playlist accompanied by a ton more Faye Webster. 

Song #3: Saccharine by Attaboys 

This song, while not as upbeat as “He Loves Me Yeah!”, still has very powerful vocals that add to the power of this song. Personally, I could imagine myself listening to this song while driving to Seattle to visit a nice flea market in Ballard. The song, while filled with a lot of motion which can be heard in the escalating piano riffs, still maintains a calm mood. 

Song #4: Jo by Haley Hendrix 

This song is completely different from any of the others on this list. The mood is very somber and emotional. The  spent and sad vocals for this song, with the occasional wail, makes it feel like you are reading a page of their diary. The acoustic guitar in the background makes it feel homey and personal. This song would definitely belong on a winter playlist for playing while doing homework in your dimly lit bedroom.

Photo courtesy of Spotify

About the Contributor
Olivia Croy
Olivia Croy, Reporter
Olivia Croy is elated to begin as a newbie to Journalism Staff for her senior year. When Olivia isn’t taking part in the various activities she’s involved in at Bellarmine, like Link Crew, she is often relaxing at home with her dogs watching shows, singing her heart out in the car as she takes a scenic drive in Steilacoom, reading a new series, or tirelessly working on her ever-growing Minecraft world. As she loves meeting and sparking up conversations with new people, she will always be someone to find a new story or just to talk about your school day with.