The student news site of Bellarmine Preparatory School

The Bellarmine Prep Lion

The Bellarmine Prep Lion

The Bellarmine Prep Lion

Maui travel review

Ulua Beach was a great one.
Maya Deaton
Ulua Beach was a great one.

Many members of the senior class visited Maui, HI, during spring break and stayed in the Wailea area. Here is a travel review of that location and experience.

The island was full of beautiful nature with a small amount of tourist attractions. Maui is the island to visit if you are looking for a relaxed and laid back island vacation.

The best restaurant we visited was Kai Bar located within walking distance from Ekolu Village, the condo complex we stayed at. It had a wide variety of foods on their menu, all options were delicious. 

Photo courtesy of Kai Bar

The best activity we did was snorkeling off the Pride of Maui boat located on the east side of Maui. The water was stunning as it was crystal clear and full of coral. 

The best beach we swam and tanned at was Ulua Beach. The soft sand and warm waters created the perfect ambiance for a beach day.

Ulua Beach was a great one. (Maya Deaton)
Ulua Beach’s sand and swimming were wonderful. (Maya Deaton)

About the Contributor
Maya Deaton
Maya Deaton, Executive Communications and Media Editor

Maya Deaton is a senior who is excited for her second year on Journalism staff. She is involved in Bellarmine athletics and clubs as a member of the cheerleading team, Marine Chemistry, National Honors Society, Lion Outreach, and Letters For Rose. Outside school, she enjoys going swimming with her friends, walking her dog, traveling, hiking, baking, and going to concerts.