Spring delight: a review of pistachio cupcakes with strawberry frosting

Springtime is here with its vibrant colors and fresh flavors. It is the perfect season to take out the baking utensils and indulge in desserts that capture the springtime spirit. Over the weekend, I made pistachio cupcakes with strawberry frosting; a recipe by Sally’s Baking Addiction. 

Pistachio Cupcake:

The star of the show is the pistachio cupcake itself. Pistachio—a traditionally strong flavor—is well balanced alongside the strawberry frosting. Grinding the pistachios in the food processor before making the cupcake batter creates a subtle crunch that was a fan favorite at the birthday party these cupcakes were made for.

Strawberry Frosting:

Who does not love strawberries? Especially in the Spring! Topped with a bright strawberry frosting, made with fresh strawberries and freeze-dried strawberries, the cupcakes were not overly sweet but still left the strawberry taste.

Occasion:

Whether you are hosting a spring brunch or celebrating a birthday, Sally’s Baking Addiction’s Pistachio Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting are a perfect treat. 

Photo courtesy of sallysbakingaddiction.com

About the Contributor
Sage Vasko
Sage Vasko, Executive Communications and Media Editor

Sage Vasko is a senior this year who is looking forward to her second year on the Journalism staff! At Bellarmine, she is involved in Link Crew, Lion Outreach, National Honors Society, and is captain of the cheer squad. Some of her pastimes include skiing, reading, hanging out with friends, and playing with her two dogs.