The student news site of Bellarmine Preparatory School

The Bellarmine Prep Lion

The Bellarmine Prep Lion

The Bellarmine Prep Lion

A taste of what is new for music in Seattle

La Fonda (instagram: lafondamusic )

While listening to Kaleidoscope from their album We Are Infinite, the mood that the beat produces is fairly upbeat, while the lyrics are seeming to feel like a longing for growth in some way. The connections that the band makes to their songs and the cities and nature in Washington I think will please most native Washingtonians listening for the first time. It seems like it belongs on a playlist with Indigo De Souza. I would rate these three songs a 9.2/10. My top three songs from this newest album are Kaleidoscope, Spokane Views, and Poison.

Alex Vile (instagram: alexvile_)

My introduction to Alex Vile began with their most recent single “Stainless”. The vocals were very clear throughout their background bass and drums. The vocals are raspy while still holding the clarity of the words and power of the lead voice. This has more of a rock style and the song “Never Awake” could be comparable to some songs from Olivia Rodrigo’s new album “GUTS”. I would give these songs a 9.7/ 10. The music has a very passionate feeling in both its lyrics and I would recommend the songs Stainless, Never Awake, and Kobayashi.

Aurora Ave (instagram: aurora.ave.the.band )

This next band has a completely different feel than the first two. The vocals in the song “Skipping Stones” are very clear with very little rasp while the instrumentals feel very distant and more of a background than the other two bands. Both the beat and lyrics are very cheery and upbeat. The way the lead vocal hits the high notes and holds them in their songs reminds me of Laufey. The next song I listened to by them was “Tides” which seemed to be fairly similar to the previous song in terms of both vocals and instruments. I would rate these songs a 8.8/10. I would recommend Skipping Stones, Close Combat, and Tides.

About the Contributor
Olivia Croy
Olivia Croy, Reporter
Olivia Croy is elated to begin as a newbie to Journalism Staff for her senior year. When Olivia isn’t taking part in the various activities she’s involved in at Bellarmine, like Link Crew, she is often relaxing at home with her dogs watching shows, singing her heart out in the car as she takes a scenic drive in Steilacoom, reading a new series, or tirelessly working on her ever-growing Minecraft world. As she loves meeting and sparking up conversations with new people, she will always be someone to find a new story or just to talk about your school day with.